The growth of your Online Course Business depends on how efficiently you use your time. After all, there is only so much you can do in 24 hours. This is why automating tasks and roles without losing your own time is key to a successful business. And that is why there is definitely a mind-shift needed to resort to automated means of production and consumption.
What is marketing automation? Why is it important to automate?
Marketing automation is all about using a few software to automate the repetitive chunk of the activities involved in your online course business such as email marketing, social media posting, or even your ad campaigns. The most successful marketing automation strategies put the customers at the center of a flywheel and deliver a more personalized experience for them. In order to meet up the growing demand of your business, you do need to scale up your processes. Staying up-to-date with technology doesn’t only ease your work but also helps you in roping in great profits. Even small businesses can take a big step towards this giant leap by simply switching to automation.
“Automation is a process of using software tools to complete several small, repetitive daily tasks automatically rather than delegating them manually."
What is the biggest benefit of automation for online businesses?
The biggest benefit of automation is that you get all the time in the world to concentrate on growing your business rather than wasting your precious energy, resources, and time in doing mundane things that automation can easily automate for you. So be it responding to the same customer questions again and again rather than directing them to a knowledge base or FAQ section, typing emails afresh each time rather than building an email template library, individually sending email reminders rather than automating mass emails, monitoring and responding to chats daily rather than setting up a chatbot, these are just some of the tasks that are urgent and important and hence take your time away from the more important tasks such as focussing on ad performance and sales.
According to a report by McKinsey, “Based on our scenario modelling, we estimate automation could raise productivity growth globally by 0.8 to 1.4 per cent annually.”
So, here’s why you need to scale-up your business with automation today for a better tomorrow:
- Day-to-day work operations in any business set up can contain many tedious but essential tasks. Automation of workflow ensures the efficiency of work operations at each step
- Automation is easy to implement and use
- Reduces man-hours and optimizes your human resources in a better manner
- Ensures error-free work every time
- Its ability to attend to work as soon as the work order is received helps in achieving operational stability
- Takes your leads from the top of the marketing funnel through to the sales-ready process.
Automation works and operates in 3-steps
- Set a trigger - means start by simply selecting a trigger for a particular task, e.g., create an invoice as soon as a customer clicks on the pay button.
- Set a condition – that means to set a condition under which the task begins to run in the background once the task completes in one or any of the stages of the operations, e.g. when an order is confirmed, payment is received, content is released to the user.
- Set an action– again this means to set an action corresponding to the condition. e.g.when the payment is received, the user gets an automated welcome mail.
How to automate your Online course Marketing with Knorish?
Whether it is generating welcome emails for new customers, or sending a payment confirmation automatically on each course sale, or effectively handling customer service – automation can manage it all on your behalf resulting in a major drop in the amount of time required to complete tasks. In the process, it considerably frees up your time that can be used to focus on other important tasks for growing your business.
These automation features ensure your customers are ensured of getting standard care with every interaction. Here are just some of the automations that are available in the platform:
- The platform allows you to establish goals, define key metrics, and track user behaviour, enabling you to continuously evaluate and adjust your campaign or content.
- Automatically collect course purchase payments from the site directly and enable learning from the course immediately after purchase which makes sure you don't have to manually track and give access to the course to students. Besides sending the payment confirmation email to the learner.
- Customize your messaging, set email campaigns once you integrate MailChimp, run retargeting campaigns using Facebook Pixel Integration features, analyze visitor traffic on your course site using the Traffic Analytics feature.
- Automatically unlock content based on specific dates, days or weeks and notify all learners of new content getting unlocked.
- Reduce customer friction points with FAQs and Knowledge base and enable better customer service with chat tools and service support setup. You can set up Freshdesk using the platform which is a cloud-based customer support service that enables companies of all sizes to provide great customer service.
- The email templates available in the platform to send out automated emails or messages appropriate to the occasion.
- Create discount coupons and offers that can be used by thousands of leads to purchase your courses and win their loyalty for your brand.
- Get key insights to traffic, google ads performance and earning with analytics so that you always remain on top of it.
In a nutshell, right from auto-generated emails to analytics and insights, the automation gives your business 24 X7 maximum availability without any manpower. That means your business makes money even when you’re asleep.
Still need more information on how Automation on your site with Knorish can help you manage and grow your business better? Learn more from our automation expert, Binit Agrawala - Learn how automation can improve online business operations & help scale up by 4X
Automation is the key to increase the trust of a customer in your business that would compel them to come back to you time and again. Automation has a myriad of uses and it depends on the individual how and when to make use of this functionality. Businesses that master automation are reaping the benefits. So, really NOW is the time to switch your online course business to automation mode so that you can work on growing your business rather than working in it.